Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Scotts near death experince
So this weekend was kind of crazy. It started Thursday night after we went out dinner, Scott started having pain in his side at first I thought it was gas and he went home and went to bed. When he was still sick in the morning I thought maybe it was the food, he did have fish, maybe it was bad. By Friday afternoon Scott couldn't even stand up straight so I took him to Urgent Care. They said it was his apendix and that we needed to go to the hospital. So Scott and I arived at the hospital at4:30 and got an alcove in the ER at about 6:00 they started running tests and did a CT scan and By 10:00 they had determinded that he had apendicits. At about 2:00am they finally put us into a quiet room upsatirs and the nurse told us they wern't going to do surgery until morning and that we should get some rest. Which sounded like a great idea to me seeing how it was now 2:30 in the morining and I hadn't even closed my eyes. So as soon as the nurse left I passed out as best as I could in the chair, that didn't make into a bed. So we were both out and the lights came on three nurses come in and start rushing around and said it was time for surgery, I looked at the clock and it was only 3:15 I thought I was going to get some rest... So we then rushed down to the OR and Scott got preped for surgery. they took him into surgery at 4:00 and was out by 5:00, he had to stay in recovery until 6:30, and they won't let me back there. So at 6:30 we went back up to our room and slept good until 8am when Scott started throwing up. I felt to bad fro the poor guy. The dumb nurse gave him some Orange juice which only made things worse. To make matters worse when I called home to tell mom how things were going so told me that morgan had the stomache flu. Poor baby. Scott was in and out of it all morning, and so was I, only I didn't get any good drugs or bed or chair, poor me.LOL! Around luch time I was able to find some crackers for Scott and he stopped throwing up after he got something on his stomache. We decided that we were going to leave at about 5 and we had to wait until shift change at 7 because our nurse was super lazy. I am still kind of upset about it if you can't tell. The other thing that makes me mad is that we were at the hospital for over 24 hours and they never once offered scott any food. Some broth or jello or something would have made all the difference. So we got home late on Saterday night because we had to get perscriptions and groceries. Sundya we sent the kids to church with grandma minuse the baby because he was still sick. We all slept during those 3 prescious hours. When everyone returned we were happy to all be together again until about 4 when everyone started throwing up. Linzi had the flu and Jamison had the flu and yes Morgan was sdtill throwing up. So today is now Tuesday I thing I have had little sleep and I have showered since WSunday I smell like throw up. My carpets all need to be cleaned, the one good thing is that I was able to keep up on laundry thanks to my Super washer and dryer. I feel like all my posts are about everyone being sick,maybe I need something more interesting to talk about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Deanna! I am so sorry about scott and all the kids being sick... That sounds like a rough couple of days. I sympathize with scott and the no eating thing with medication. it sucks and that's why everyone hates hospitals! Hope everything is getting better and if you need any help, let the family know!!
You poor girl! You have deffinetely had a rough of weeks. I hope everyone is feeling bettter soon. Have you been able to escape sickness yourself? If so you at least have that to be grateful for. =)
You are amazing! I read that blog and I wonder how you could keep up with it all. I'm glad Scott's apendix didin't burst, that the gradparents were able to help, that you have an amazing washer and dryer, and that you are all still surviving.... those have to be the gems in the story, right? You are super mom
Post a Comment