Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Power of positive Thinking

Today we were outside playing hopscotch, writing our names, numbers, letters and just having fun with the sidewalk chalk. We played baseball with the dog, pulled some weeds, and rode bikes. While I was pulling weeds, Jamison was helping Linzi and Morgan ride their bikes in the dirt, I heard him teaching them a simple phrase, "I THINK I CAN"! It was so cute to hear the little kids chanting I think I can, I think I can, as they were working so hard to make it up the simple hill. It nice to hear the kids working together and to hear Jamison teach the younger kids a simple but profound lesson. It made me think of all the things I could accomplish if only I remembered that simple phrase. Its hard work to be a mom but these little rewards warm my heart and remind me that its all worth it.

1 comment:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

That is SO cute! I love that he taught them that. It must've helped him at some point and that's why he was passing it on to them :) Adorable!